Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2nd

Seeing how today we are flying down to Guangzhou (our final leg of the trip) we are still 8 days away from coming home...While we are so looking forward to our first visit to the White Swan and all the great shopping to do on the island (not to mention the Pearl River Boat Tour which we are doing this time)...We are all missing....home.

So here are just a few photos taken yesterday at the museum. Many of the artifacts you'll be see are dated from late BC - early AD! China does take extreme pride in their history and cultural and from just looking at these photos, you can see why!

Enjoy the photos and next post will be from Guangzhou!

"Ma, Are we still on to skype on the 3rd at 7:30 PM your time? Just let me know. I know the sound is not working so well on your end so remember, you can always email me. Miss you and so wish you and Annabelle were here...Love, Shell"




***Remember me telling you all about "Mandy" (the waitress from the Italian restaurant at the Crown Plaza that we LOVE so much)....well the night before we headed out, Keith took Francesca and Benjamin for some at the coffee shop which is located right next door. As soon as "Mandy" saw Benjamin again, she came running over to him and immediately starting helping Keith with both kids. She than asked if she could sit down and talk with him for a while and Keith said sure. I guess Benjamin and her had a very interesting conversation! Here is what he told her...

He LOVES his Mama & Papa! {again YEAH!!!!}

He loves how his big sister makes him laugh!

He loves his new truck, car, and red bag! (I gave him and Francesca some of the extra gift bags I brought with me and he hand picked one of the small red ones I had and has been putting all this favorite toys in it - along with two envelopes I wrote some "to do" lists on - and he carries it everywhere with him! Seriously ~ at night when it is time to go to bed, you CAN NOT take that bag away from him. You have to tell him to go over to the desk area and put his bag there until morning and promise him it will be there when he wakes up ~ and trust me that is the first thing he looks for in the morning!)

and last but not least...

He LOVES his new shoes! (We had to purchase him some new shoes at the Lotus Center here in Zhengzhou the other day. The ones he came with were...pink and let's just say....nasty and I truly believe they were never his! And the ones I did bring for him, they are just way too big, size 5 and size 6...I told you he was tiny so new shoes for Benjamin were the first thing on our list!) Anyway "Mandy" did ask Keith about his shoes, and Keith told he we just purchased them for him at the Lotus Center the other day, that is when she told him that Benjamin is loving his new shoes!

BTW ~ he is calling us by name, Mama, Papa, Cesca, and Benjamin. He still answers to Zi at times, but Keith is the only one who keeps saying it correctly so for Francesca and me it has been Benjamin. He also LOVES when I sing to him the song..."Show Me The Way To Go Home" {you know the one from the movie Jaws lol}! It is hysterical!

Just a little something I had to share with you all...***

7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Shelly,

I am catching up here..... it has been a busy work week and I have not had much time to blog.

It sounds like you really did have a few surprises, but it looks as though you are on top of everything and well aware of what you ae dealing with. SO glad that you were able to contact your doc here in the US and get his guidance and opinion on things.

Benjamin is just precious and I love hearing all that is going on with him....the things he said to Mandy must make you smile from ear to ear. He is obviously adjusting very well.

I think of you all everyday.....I know 8 days seems like a long time, but you will be home in no time!!

Luv Ya~

Lisa

Courtney said...

So glad you are continuing to have a good time with your little ones. I wish you were coming home sooner but it will fly by. Enjoy the next leg of your trip.

Love Letters To China said...

I'm so glad he is adjusting so well to you and your family. He sounds like a sweet little boy. As Lisa stated, those 8 days will be here and gone before you know it. You'll be on your way home in no time. Hope you're the flight went well and you are starting to enjoy your stay at the White Swan.

Hugs...
Grace

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, I love that you are singing Bennie and the Jets - my favorite song.I can not wait to sing it to him. We are still on for July 3rd 7:30pm EST. I am so happy Benjamin is adjusting well. I can not wait to see him. Shell I used to call Scott Joe the Prince of Pompey also. How cute!! I hope you had some LI tea for me. Miss you all very much. Had a bad day Thursday not with the kids though. I screwed up checking acct and bills. Oh well. True Blood is not on the 4th so you will miss only one show. Y&R is rocking (sorry) I am saving you all of my books to catch you up. I am going to try and get to Best Buy to get a camera to Skype. Can not wait to see pictures of the White Swan. Annabelle just got up from her nap and says she misses you terribly. She is blowing kisses to the computer. She is such a doll. Got to run and fix dinner. Love, Your awesome sister. Ha! Ha!

Krista said...

Have fun at the White Swan and good luck with all that shopping! ;-)

We are missing y'all, but so glad things are going well for you. Thanks for the updates. I love seeing the pics - takes me back about 4 years ago! In fact, let us know when you plan to go back to Henan as tourist. Wouldn't THAT be a blast to go together?!

Take care!
Krista

Steffie B. said...

Sounds like things are going pretty good....I am trying to play catch up here as we got our referral this week too....so it has been a whirlwind....I am so glad your sweet boy is doing so well....

You'll be home before you know it....enjoy the White Swan and shopping! ;)

Hugs,
Steffie

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is just so precious that Benjamin can communicate how much he loves his new family - wait till he meets his "twin" sister - Annabelle!!! I'd love to know his opinion then ;-) hahahaha......

I think it is amazing that the Luoyang orphanage prepared him AT ALL!